Youth Exchange „Empowered to Lead“ was held in San José, Costa Rica between 9 – 16 December 2019. There were 30 participants from from Brazil , Uruguay , Costa Rica , Italy , North Macedonia and Slovakia
Aims of the youth exchange were:
- Develop leadership potential and to contribute to personal and professional development and improvement of soft skills of young people (communication, flexibility, cooperation, goal oriented thinking, creativity, planning of work and strategy, responsibility, motivation etc.),
- Support their future employability and entrepreneurship
- Encourage their active participation in their local community
- Support them in the development of an individual action plans (projects, events, social enterprise, campaigns) focused on tackling some problems in their community,
- Give them unique intercultural experience – meet other young people from different parts of the world and to learn about each-others countries, cultures and traditions
There were various workshops, discussions, simulations, games, study visits, intercultural evenings during the youth exchange, particularly focused on development of their leadership skills in various fields (active participation, volunteering, sport or environmental protection).